I love soup – even in the summertime. Fall is here and that means squash is everywhere! Time for some soup….made with squash! This recipe is so hearty and delicious that I ate it 3 days in a row!
This healing soup is packed full of deliciousness and easy to cook. There is a lot you could add to it as well, and I am sure next time I will do just that!
This recipe is AIP and Paleo compliant. To make it extra healthy, you could even sprinkle it with some collagen after cooking. If you use the green can from Great lakes, it will not change the texture.
- 3C bone broth
- 1/2 medium-sized butternut squash
- 2 large parsnips
- 1/4 medium-sized onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt, garlic powder, and rosemary to sprinkle over roasted vegetables
- Optional garnish:
- Coconut Cream (drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice, peel and cube butternut squash into inch-sized pieces
- Peal parsnips and dice into inch-sized pieces
- Coat squash and parsnips with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, and rosemary
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender
- Add bone broth, onion, garlic clove, turmeric, and sea salt to a blender. Add squash and parsnips after roasted and blend until smooth. If you use a [url href=”http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com/?redir=amazonB00C6MWPNK” target=”_blank”]Vitamix[/url] or[url href=”http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com/?redir=amazonB00TKRQWS8″ target=”_blank”]Blendtec[/url], you can use the “soup” setting to heat it as it blends, otherwise transfer to a pot and heat until hot and ready to eat.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon, scallions and a drizzle of coconut cream (optional.)