This post may contain affiliate links. If you make purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Last Updated on March 30, 2023
Fall and winter are the perfect times of year for warm soup. Doesn’t a hearty bowl of delicious soup sound soothing on a bone-chilling evening? If you are looking for some delicious paleo autoimmune protocol soups, check out all these wonderful AIP soups you can make.
You can make delicious soups that are gut healing using bone broth, tubers, root veggies, and high quality meat. If you enjoy meal-prepping, you can make shredded chicken and freeze it for later use in soups.
Soup for Breakfast
There are a few posts that would be helpful to peruse with this Soup Round Up in mind. If you’re doing the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP), you might consider having soup for breakfast. Many soups can be made ahead and apportioned out (and even frozen). Simply reheat in the morning for a very quick and satisfying breakfast.
Rachael Bryant, author of Nourish (an AIP cookbook that I own and LOVE), did a post called “How I never get sick of breakfast soup: the Meatified Method“. Whether you are new to AIP or a veteran, I urge you to read this post! She answers the “What do I eat for breakfast?” question that all of us on AIP seem to have with a very simple method of preparing soup that will not bog you down in the morning. Your mouth will water when you see her photos.
Another important staple to have on hand is a good homemade bone broth. Please see our Bone Broth Round Up for everything you need to know to make nutrient-dense bone broth. Don’t be intimidated – it’s easy peasy!
Whether you’re cranking down the AC or living with frigid temps, I hope you enjoy this delicious AIP soup roundup.
- Paleo Pumpkin Sausage Soup (Beyond the Bite)
- Creamy Mushroom Soup with Bacon and Fried Sage (AutoimmunePaleo)
- Creamy Chicken Soup (How We Flourish)
- Roasted Pumpkin and Caramelized Apple Soup (Don’t Eat the Spatula)
- Cream of Broccoli Soup with Coconut Milk (Paleo Hacks – sub another fat for ghee)
- Avocado Soup (A Clean Plate)
- Creamy Potato and Chicken Soup (My BIG FAT Grain Free Life)
- Seafood Soup Recipe (My BIG FAT Grain Free Life)
AIP Soup Recipes
- Creamy Pulled Pork Soup (Meatified)
- Thai Pumpkin Soup (Eat Heal Thrive)
- Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup (Food to Heal Ourselves)
- Creamy Chicken Soup (How We Flourish)
- Dairy Free Seafood Chowder (Meatified)
- Creamy Chicken Soup (Meatified)
- Paleo Clam Chowder (My BIG FAT Grain Free Life)
Delicious AIP Soups
- Hearty Salmon Chowder (Healing Family Eats)
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup (A Clean Plate)
- Zuppa Toscana (And Love It Too)
- Sweet Potato, Artichoke, and Bacon Soup (A Clean Plate)
- Dairy-Free Paleo Baked Notato Soup (Merit & Fork)
- Rustic Bacon and Pumpkin Soup (The Paleo Mom)
- Chicken No Noodle Soup (My BIG FAT Grain Free Life)
Autoimmune Protocol Soups
Butternut squash soup is my favorite soup! When I am craving tomato soup, I am satisfied with a thick and hearty butternut squash soup instead. There are other types of squash you can use to make soup too. They pair great with root vegetables and tubers.
- Butternut Squash and Parsnip Soup (My BIG FAT Grain Free Life)
- Gingered Pear and Butternut Squash Soup (Gutsy by Nature)
- Rustic Root Vegetable Soup with Meatballs (A Squirrel in the Kitchen)
- The Best Pressure Cooker Chicken Vegetable Soup (A Squirrel in the Kitchen)
- Spiced Carrot Soup (Adventures in Partaking)
- Broccoli Soup with Prosciutto Chips (Comfort Bites)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Cranberries and Rosemary (Phoenix Helix)
Soups to Eat on the AIP Diet
- (Restorative) Celeriac Zucchini Soup with Salted Crispy Shallots (Healing Family Eats)
- Autoimmune “Split Pea” Soup with Asparagus, Avocado, & Bacon (Zesty Paleo)
- Triple Seafood Chowder (Grazed & Enthused)
- AIP Spring Breakfast Chicken Soup (A Squirrel in the Kitchen)
- Green Breakfast Soup (from the Autoimmune Wellness Handbook by Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt – Lichen Paleo, Loving AIP)
- Sweet Potato and Lime Soup with Coconut and Chives (AutoimmunePaleo)
- Beef Cabbage Soup Recipe (My BIG FAT Grain Free Life)
More AIP Soup Recipes to Try
- Thai Coconut Soup (A Clean Plate)
- Paleo Coconut Chicken Soup (The Health Nut Mama)
- Turmeric Chicken No-Noodle Soup (Clean Eating Veggie Girl)
- Thai Whitefish Curry (A Clean Plate)
- Sausage “Potato” and Spinach Soup (Sweet Potatoes & Social Change)
- Creamy Chicken & Leek Stew (Eat Heal Thrive)
- Smoky AIP Chili (Adventures in Partaking)
- Instant Pot AIP Chili (Unbound Wellness)
- Sweet Potato Chili (A Clean Plate)
- Breakfast Stoup (Adventures in Partaking)
- Hamburger & Purple Cabbage Soup (The Health Nut Mama)
- Creamy Cranberry Beef Chili (Beyond the Bite)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew (Unbound Wellness)
AIP soups are the perfect comfort food and nourish your gut at the same time. Soup makes a delicious dinner for your entire family. Eating good soup for any meal is a great way to nourish your body when you are on a healing journey with autoimmune disease. Soups made with whole ingredients make for a nutrient dense food that your gut will love.