Last Updated on September 3, 2016
This salad has fond memories from my childhood. My mom used to make a big vat of it. Then, we would chow down with it stuffed between slices of crusty Italian bread…ok, forget I said that last part.
All of the ingredients are AIP legal (see the AIP tab at the top of this page if you’re not trackin’ or see this post) and, though eaten without the aforementioned bread, I found it quite refreshing.
Tuna Spinach Salad with Lemon and Olive Oil (AIP, GAPS, SCD, Paleo)
- 8-10 oz. spinach, washed and trimmed of stems
- 3 cans albacore tuna, drained (Wild Planet brand has low mercury content and it's packed in steel cans)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 lemons
- sea salt
- garlic powder (just a pinch or two)
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Add drained tuna.
- Pour olive oil all over - coat well.
- Squeeze lemons (start with one) onto salad. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Give a toss with tongs to mix completely. Taste and adjust the lemon and seasonings.
- TIP: If you think you'll have leftovers, only salt individual portions as salting will wilt the spinach. I think it tastes even better after marinating awhile.