I was fumbling in the freezer the other day looking for some dinner inspiration, and came across a couple of salmon fillets waaaaaay in the back – quite lonely and forgotten. I defrosted them in the fridge and threw this meal together in a snap.
It got rave reviews from my kiddos and I wanted to pass it onto you. I served it with baked sweet potatoes (a treat for us as it’s not SCD compliant) and some sauteed baby bok choy.
We’re all salmon fans, but I think this recipe would work with any fish. If you try it on a different type of fish, please let me know how it turned out in the comments section below. Enjoy!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons gluten free stone ground mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry.
- Place fillets in gallon-sized zip-top plastic bag.
- Whisk together next 7 ingredients. Pour over fillets. Remove air from bag and zip closed.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove salmon from bag and place on baking sheet. Drizzle marinade on top of each fillet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes (be careful not to overcook).
- Turn oven on broil and broil salmon for a few minutes until glaze has browned up.