Last Updated on March 30, 2023
Years ago, I came across a recipe for Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan and Marshmallow Streusel from Tyler Florence of The Food Network that instantly became a Thanksgiving family tradition.
I just revamped it tonight subbing quinoa flakes for the all-purpose flour and coconut sugar for the light brown sugar. It came out of the oven a winner. I hope you think so too.
As an aside, quinoa is not a grain but a seed and though it is not SCD “legal”, I find we are able to tolerate it well at this stage of our intestinal health.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!Print
Streusel Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Paleo, grain free, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free)
- 8–10 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup ghee, or fat of choice, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Scrub sweet potatoes and prick with a fork. Bake in oven on parchment-lined baking pan until cooked through (45 mins to 1 hour).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine coconut sugar, quinoa flakes, almond flour, cinnamon, salt and pecans.
- Add ghee one tablespoon at a time and mix with a fork until well combined.
- When sweet potatoes have finished baking, make a slice in the top lengthwise and push ends together to open.
- Stuff lots of the streusel topping inside.
- Bake again for 10-15 minutes or until brown and bubbly. (Watch carefully so pecans do not burn.)