If you’ve been following my AIP blues, here’s some good news – a recipe I actually enjoyed and was easy to make. I made a boat load of these chicken thighs and then used leftovers to eat on the next couple of days. I also added some chopped up leftovers to Cauliflower Fried “Rice” from Nom Nom Paleo (love her cookbook for the iPad) but left out the mushrooms, eggs and pepper to make it AIP legal.
Tonight, I’ll post Day Two of AIP. Hooray…so hard to contain my excitement…
- 20-25 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ cup lemon juice (took me 3 lemons)
- 1¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Divide chicken between two gallon zip-top bags.
- Evenly divide onion, cilantro and garlic between bags, atop chicken.
- Place lemon juice in medium bowl. While whisking constantly, pour olive oil in a thin stream. Divide between bags.
- Remove all air from bags and seal. Knead bags well to distribute marinade.
- Marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Grill or broil until juices run clear. (Hubby grilled them for me.)
- TIP: make extra marinade to pour over cooked chicken.