Last Updated on September 1, 2016
Gingerbread Snack Cake (grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free)
- For Gingerbread
- 1½ cups cooked navy beans
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup organic pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic unsulphured molasses
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ ground cloves
- ¾ cup palm shortening
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup organic pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8" round or square pan.
- Place all wet ingredients for gingerbread into a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- In separate small bowl, combine all dry gingerbread ingredients with a fork.
- Add dry ingredients to wet in the blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Pour ingredients into greased pan and bake 25-30 minutes.
- For frosting, combine all ingredients in small bowl and mix with an electric blender until fluffy and well combined.