Last Updated on March 30, 2023
Fish tacos are one of my favorites. It’s an easy meal and fun to eat. For the soft “taco shells”, I use the Plantain Wraps from one of my favorite healing blogs, Simple & Merry. These wraps are a staple in my home. We use them for pizza, sandwich wraps, burritos, and now… fish tacos.
Fish Tacos with Pineapple Cilantro Yogurt Sauce (AIP, Paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
- 1 recipe Plantain Wraps
- 1 recipe coleslaw
- For Pineapple Cilantro Coconut Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- For Fish:
- 2 lbs. cod or mahi
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Make yogurt sauce: In a mini food processor or blender, mix coconut yogurt and pineapple and puree.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For Fish: Preheat oven to 375F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill and salt.
- Place fish on parchment and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle spice mixture on top of fish.
- Bake fish for 10 minutes. Then broil for a few minutes to brown the top. (watch carefully so parchment does not burn)