This post may contain affiliate links. If you make purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Last Updated on March 30, 2023
I’ve not been one to indulge in ice cream too often – maybe because most dairy free “ice cream” offerings, in my opinion, aren’t really worth the calories. If I DO indulge in the real thang, it’s going to be one flavor and one flavor only – COFFEE. In fact, here’s a confession for you: when hubby and I were dating, we were known to frequent a certain ice cream chain. My constant choice – I mean every time we went – was coffee ice cream with chocolate sprinkles.
Well, here’s my coffee ice cream offering that is dairy free, refined sugar free, creamy and delicious. My kids, like me, love the coffee flavor. I like to use a coconut milk with no additives, like Aroy-D or Natural Value.
This is the ice cream maker that I use. I find that it’s easy to use and works like a charm! I keep the insulated container in my freezer at all times for those occasions where ice cream is calling my name!
I’ve posted this on Allergy Free Wednesdays Blog Hop.Print
Coffee Chip Ice Cream (Paleo, SCD, GAPS, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews or cashew pieces
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup freshly ground coffee
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- Place first five ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until very smooth. Cashews will start at a grainy stage and then become smooth, so blend well.
- Place ground coffee in separate bowl. Pour cashew coconut mixture over coffee and stir well.
- Allow to steep 2 hours.
- Once steeping time is up, strain through a fine mesh strainer. Dump out grounds and strain a second time.
- Process mixture in an ice cream maker according to your manufacturer’s directions.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Either eat immediately, or freeze in a container for about 2 hours.