This post may contain affiliate links. If you make purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Last Updated on March 30, 2023
This grain-free Cinnamon Swirl bread is, without a doubt, one of our favorites. I have to practically ration it out to my kiddos because they gobble it up. It’s great as-is or toasted.
The inspiration for this bread came from Erin McKenna’s cookbook, babycakes. Erin owns Babycakes NYC, a New York bakery (with locations in Los Angeles and Orlando) specializing in gluten free, refined-sugar free, wheat free, egg free, soy free, casein free and vegan goodies that you will not be able to get over! In this cookbook, she makes an Apple Cinnamon Toastie bread that is unbelievable. I simply HAD to have a grain-free version.
When we were eating gluten-free (not yet grain-free), I bought both of her cookbooks and even went down to her Orlando bakery and indulged in the BEST doughnuts (OK- and cupcakes too) ever (yes, including the white flour versions). I’ve made a bunch of her recipes (including the doughnuts) and have never been disappointed.
Cinnamon Swirl Grain-Free Bread (Paleo, GAPS, SCD, grain-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2″ loaf pan with coconut oil. Line with parchment paper down the middle, including the long sides. Don’t worry about the short sides.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add almond butter, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, honey, vanilla, and olive oil. Beat well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the batter and place in a small bowl. Pour remaining bread batter into parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Mix cinnamon and coconut sugar into reserved batter and pour topping over batter in loaf pan.
- Using a small spoon, swirl cinnamon topping into batter. Tap pan on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
- Run a knife along short sides of loaf pan and remove bread by gripping parchment and lifting.
- Allow to cool completely, then slice.
- To store, wrap bread in paper towels and store in zip-top bag. This bread freezes well.