My daughter loved this so much – she asked me to make it again for dinner the following night. Don’t be intimidated by smoking chips. I buy mine from Walmart (foodies can still shop there) in the outdoor area where grills are sold. I like these smoking chips because they are in small pieces and easy to work with.
This dish is delicious served with my Coleslaw recipe that is refined sugar free and AIP.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- turkey legs
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- hickory or mesquite smoking chips
- Just Peachy BBQ Sauce
- Prepare Grill: Take a long sheet of tin foil. Fill the center lengthwise with smoking chips. Wrap up smoking chips and poke large holes in the foil. Turn all grill burners to high and place packet of smoking chips on back burner. Allow grill to preheat for 15 minutes. Chips should be smoking.
- Rub turkey legs with olive oil. Then lightly salt and pepper both sides.
- Place turkey legs on grill.
- Keep the burner with the packet of smoking chips on high. Turn other burners to low. Close lid on grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- Brush with Just Peachy BBQ Sauce. Turn legs and brush with more sauce. Cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve with extra sauce on the side.