This post may contain affiliate links. If you make purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Last Updated on March 30, 2023
I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy dinner recipe. I came up with it a couple of months ago to add to our mealtime rotation. My son gets so excited when this recipe is the answer to “What’s for dinner?”.
I use cashew milk in place of dairy in the pan sauce and I defy anyone to tell the difference. Ok, don’t be defiant. Just trust me. It’s gooooood.
Pan Seared Cubed Steak with Mushroom Sage “Cream” Sauce (Paleo, GAPS, SCD, grain free, dairy free)
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- 4 cubed steaks
- 1 piece bacon, chopped
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper both sides of cubed steaks. Heat a large saute pan (I use cast iron) to medium high. Add a few tablespoons of ghee or extra virgin olive oil to the pan. Add cubed steaks and cook for a few minutes on both sides or until done to your liking. Remove and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add bacon and onions and stir frequently. Cook until onion softens.
- Add mushrooms and wine and cook, stirring frequently until liquid is released from mushrooms and reduced a bit.
- Next, add sage and garlic and give a stir.
- Finally, add cashew milk and cook, stirring, until thickened to your liking. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over cubed steaks and serve.