With the holidays quickly approaching, I thought doing a cookie round-up would be a fun idea. Who doesn’t love a good cookie?
My favorite cookie growing up was my mom’s “Christmas Crescent Cookies” a/k/a Italian Wedding Cookies. She made the little beauties using real butter and ground walnuts (not almonds as most recipes I’ve found) and they were heavenly – not too sweet, delicate, melt-in-your mouth. My mom is a great cook, but hardly ever did any baking, so I looked forward to these little darlings each year. She would store them in cookie tins and I might or might not have snuck into the tins when no one was looking.
The autoimmune protocol (AIP) shouldn’t make you feel deprived at the holidays, so indulge and enjoy yourself – but don’t overdo it! Too many sweets, even of the natural variety, can trigger an autoimmune flare. So use caution and listen to your body.
If baking cookies from scratch isn’t your thing, or you’d like the convenience of having AIP-compliant cookie dough on hand that can be baked off easily, Paleo on the Go has come up with two great flavors – Sugar Cookie and Gingerbread! Both varieties even come with AIP icing so you can decorate them after baking.
Follow the link and use the coupon code “DOUGHDEAL” for 10% off through December 11th!
Now for our round-up…
- Maple Glazed Snickerdoodles (The Curious Coconut)
- Paleo AIP Applesauce Spice Cookies (Our Grain Free Life)
- Pumpkin Spice Dehydrator Cookies (The Paleo Mom)
- Coconut Flour Thumbprint Cookies (Sweet Potatoes & Social Change)
- N’oatmeal Creme Pies (He Won’t Know It’s Paleo)
- AIP Ginger Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Cream (Grazed and Enthused)
- Lemon Cream Sandwich Cookies (Beyond the Bite)
- Paleo Oreo Cookies (Forest & Fauna – follow notes for AIP)
- Autoimmune Paleo Lemon Cookies (He Won’t Know It’s Paleo guest post on Empowered Sustenance)
- Molasses Spice Cookies (Sweet Potatoes & Social Change)
- AIP Paleo Pumpkin Spice Macaroons (He Won’t Know It’s Paleo)
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies (Forest & Fauna)
- Iced Sugar Cookies (Beyond the Bite)
- “Oatmeal” Raisin Cookies (Our Grain Free Life)
- Chewy Nutter Butter Cookies (Beyond the Bite)
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles (Paleo’ish on a Dime)
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (AIP Lifestyle)
- Paleo Pumpkin Cookies (Purely Twins)
- Chewy Banana Spice Cookies (Empowered Sustenance)
- Grain Free Spice Cookies (Whole New Mom)
- Cherry Carob Cookies (AutoimmunePaleo)
- Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies (Delicious Obsessions)
- Coconut Macaroons (Sweet Treats)
- Molasses Cookies (Eat Heal Thrive)
- AIP No Bake Cookies (Cook It Up Paleo)
- Chewy “Chocolate” Chunk Cookies (Flame to Fork)
- Paleo Maple Shortbread (Melissa Joulwan’s Well Fed)
- AIP Spice Cookies (The Real Food Guide)