Last Updated on August 21, 2023
There are many health benefits of infused water. Not only does it make your drinking water more desirable, it provides valuable nutrients and vitamins. Depending on the fruit and/or herbs that you use, it can offer a wide range of health benefits, from improving digestion and detoxification to mood enhancement, skin health, and more!
Learn about 20 infused water combinations and the health benefits each infusion offers.
Health Benefits of Infused Water
Are you looking for an easy way to increase your water intake? Then consider drinking infused water! There are numerous health benefits of infused water that you can enjoy. Plus, it’s a great way to drink the recommended amount of water.
What is Infused Water?
Infused water is sometimes called detox water. It’s water that has been infused with fruit or herbs. You can make it by putting small slices of the fruit or herbs in pure water and allowing the slices to soak in the water for a long period of time, usually twelve to eighteen hours.
Fruit-infused water is different than smoothies. There are some great health benfits of smoothies too, but water with fruit infused is a great way to enhance the flavor and add nutrients.
Why You Should Try Fruit-Infused Water
Infusing water with your favorite fruits is a good way to increase the amount of minerals and vitamins you’re ingesting each day. Plus it’s a wonderful way to make sure you’re drinking enough water. Drinking water helps to prevent mild dehydration and hunger cravings. It’s an excellent way to maintain a healthy body.
What are the Health Benefits of Fruit-infused Water?
There are many health benefits that may come from drinking fruit infused water. Some of these benefits are increased hydration, immune system support, and weight loss. Plus, it’s a great beverage if you are on the autoimmune protocol.
Health Benefits of Infused Water
Take a look at all the ways infused water can benefit your health.
One of the biggest challenges of a healthy lifestyle is drinking enough water to stay hydrated. Adding water with a fruit infusion helps you avoid mild dehydration.
Increased Water Intake
It’s important to drink plenty of water to stay healthy, but drinking plain water has practically no flavor. So one of the main benefits of enjoying fruit-flavored water is that it’s a tasty way to increase your water consumption.
Different fruits have a variety of nutrients in them. Infusing different fruits into your water is an easy way to add nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, or manganese into your diet.
Many fruits contain antioxidants that help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, reducing oxidative stress and inflammation.
Immune System Support
Certain fruits used in infused water, such as citrus fruits and berries, are rich in vitamin C, which supports immune function.
Infusing your water with fruits that contain enzymes and dietary fiber like citrus fruits and kiwi support healthy digestion and regular bowel movements.
Drinking water with citrus fruits like lemon, orange, or lime-infused water can help you prevent heartburn since the fruits will help to improve your digestion.
Sugary drinks have a high amount of calories in them. If you switch your favorite sugary drinks to infused water, then you’ll be able to enjoy a refreshing drink without consuming so many calories. This will help you manage your weight.
If you’re looking for an easy way to boost your metabolic rate, consider drinking a glass of water with infused fruits. For example, drinking mint and lemon-infused water is a simple way to kick-start your metabolism in the morning.
Adequate hydration is necessary if you want to have enough energy to make it through the day. So one great benefit to drinking infused water is higher energy levels. The water allows your body to remove toxins, transport oxygen, and help fight fatigue.
Regulates pH Levels
Fruits may be able to help you create a more alkaline environment in your body. However, this is debated, as it’s very difficult to change the body’s pH levels through food. Even some acidic foods, like lemon and oranges, can be used in infused water without causing acid reflux.
Infused water with citrus fruits like lemon or lime can help support natural detoxification processes in the body.
Drinking infused water will not only help you maintain good health, but it’s also excellent for your skin. You’ll be more hydrated and fruit-infused water is full of antioxidants that destroy free radicals that attack your skin cells.
Some fruits provide natural electrolytes that support proper fluid balance and hydration.
Reduced Sugar Intake
Switching out your favorite sugary beverage for a glass of water infused with fruits will naturally reduce your sugar intake. This is because infused water has tasty flavors with little to no sugar added to the drink.
Some fruits, such as berries, contain compounds that may positively affect mood and mental well-being.
Fruits rich in vitamins A and C, like berries and citrus fruits, can contribute to maintaining healthy vision.
Blood Pressure Regulation
Choose fruits with high potassium content, such as bananas and citrus fruits to infuse in your water to help regulate blood pressure.
Antioxidants in fruit-infused water may help reduce the risk of heart disease by protecting against oxidative damage and inflammation.
Fruits with high water and fiber content, like watermelon and cucumber, can aid digestion and prevent constipation.
The extra flavor in infused water helps you to avoid the hunger cravings that can occur when you are dehydrated.
Drinking large quantities of water helps your kidneys filter toxins and also helps to prevent kidney stones.
Many fruits used in infused water, such as berries and pineapples, have anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit overall health.
Consuming fruit-infused water can contribute to an overall sense of well-being, making hydration more enjoyable and supporting a healthier lifestyle.
Replacing Sugary Drinks with Infused Water
Infused water gives you the sweet flavor of a sugary drink without all the sugar and calories. This means that it’s easier to lose weight and improve your health when you switch your favorite sugary drink to infused water.
Health Benefits of Choosing Infused Water Instead of Sugary Drinks
- Low in sugar
- More hydrating
- Low in calories
When to Drink Infused Water
Make drinking infused water part of your daily routine. You’ll find the best results when you drink a glass of water in the morning and before each meal.
What are Some Common Combinations for Infused Water?
- Lemon and Ginger
- Cucumber, Lemon, and Ginger
- Cucumber and Mint
- Cucumber, Strawberry, and Lemon
- Melon, Cucumber, Mint
- Strawberry and Basil
- Strawberry and Thyme
- Strawberry, Lemon, and Basil
- Orange and Blueberry
- Orange, Grapefruit and Mint
- Watermelon and Mint
- Pineapple and Coconut
- Raspberry and Lime
- Raspberries, Blueberries, and Lemon
- Mango and Turmeric
- Apple and Cinnamon
- Mixed Berries and Rosemary
- Grapefruit and Rosemary
- Kiwi and Mint
- Kiwi and Strawberries
- Pomegranate and Orange
- Blackberry and Sage
- Pear and Cinnamon
- Coconut Water and Lime
- Peach and Basil
- Pineapple and Rosemary
- Cherry and Lemon
- Plum and Thyme
How to Make Infused Water
You can make infused water at home by taking a large pitcher and putting your sliced fresh fruit, cucumber slices, mint leaves, basil leaves, or herbs into the pitcher. Then add ice and cold water to the pitcher until it’s full. You can place some additional produce on top to garnish the beverage.
The longer you leave the produce in the pitcher of water, the stronger flavor it will have. However, be sure to remove the fruit after 24 hours so the fruit doesn’t begin to decompose in your healthy drink.
20 Infused Water Combinations & Health Benefits
Here are some incredible infused water combinations and the additional health benefits you may enjoy beyond being well-hydrated.
- Lemon and Ginger: Boosts immune system, aids digestion, and provides antioxidants.
- Cucumber and Mint: Hydrating, supports digestion, and provides a refreshing flavor.
- Strawberry and Basil: Rich in antioxidants, supports heart health, and aids digestion.
- Orange and Blueberry: Provides vitamin C, boosts immune system, and has antioxidant properties.
- Watermelon and Mint: Hydrating, helps with detoxification, and provides vitamins A and C.
- Pineapple and Coconut: Supports digestion, hydrating, and provides electrolytes.
- Raspberry and Lime: Rich in antioxidants, boosts immune system, and aids digestion.
- Mango and Turmeric: Provides vitamin C, anti-inflammatory properties, and supports joint health.
- Apple and Cinnamon: Helps regulate blood sugar levels, provides antioxidants, and aids digestion. There are lots of health benefits from apple juice, so you can assume it will add some great nutrients to your water too!
- Mixed Berries and Rosemary: Rich in antioxidants, supports heart health, and may improve memory and concentration.
- Grapefruit and Rosemary: Supports digestion, provides antioxidants, and may boost mood and concentration.
- Kiwi and Mint: Provides vitamin C, aids digestion, and supports immune health.
- Pomegranate and Orange: Rich in antioxidants, supports heart health, and provides vitamin C.
- Blackberry and Sage: Supports brain health, provides antioxidants, and aids digestion.
- Pear and Cinnamon: Provides dietary fiber, supports digestion, and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Coconut Water and Lime: Hydrating, provides electrolytes, and supports immune health.
- Peach and Basil: Provides vitamins A and C, supports digestion, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pineapple and Rosemary: Aids digestion, provides antioxidants, and may help reduce inflammation.
- Cherry and Lemon: Provides antioxidants, supports joint health, and boosts immune system.
- Plum and Thyme: Provides dietary fiber, supports digestion, and has antioxidant properties.
Shelf Life of Fruit-Infused Water
Keep the fruit-infused water in your refrigerator and remove any fruit in the water within 24 hours of making the beverage. Be sure to drink your fruit-infused water within three or four days of preparing it.
It’s difficult to drink enough glasses of water to be properly hydrated. But one of the best ways to improve your water intake is to add some popular ingredients like fruits and herbs to your water bottle and let it sit.
Drinking this infused fruit water will help you be hydrated, improve your digestive health, and provide you with many of the essential nutrients you need.