Do you love your Instant Pot? If you do not have one yet – put it on your Christmas list! This is a must-have for anyone who loves cooking real-food fast. We love to make bone broth and coconut yogurt in it, but there are so many amazing things you can make. The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook will help you along the way – containing over 140 delicious recipes. You will find a recipe featured below that is a sample of the kind of awesomeness that you will find in this cookbook!
If you do not have an Instant Pot yet, enter to win one below
Who loves BBQ? OK, rather, who DOESN’T love BBQ? Recently Jen posted her popular “Just Peachy” BBQ Sauce with some twists to make it AIP compliant. OH.MY.Gosh….it is AMAZING! Have you tried it yet? You really should. Here it is.
The recipe below is from The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook. We have posted a couple sneak peeks for you to get your mouth watering. Doesn’t that look so BBQ-y, juicy, and yummy? Scroll down for the recipe!
This recipe was contributed by Mary B. Lapp over at Simple and Merry. Mary is a Health Coach/Nutritional Therapist and trained ex-Pastry Chef who wants to help the world feel better. She specializes in embracing stress, taking life by the horns and loving what is….as gently and simply as possible.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple butter,
- with no sweetener added
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Add the chicken, salt, granulated garlic, and water in the Instant Pot®.
- Close and lock the lid. Press MANUAL for high pressure. Set cooking time to minutes 25 minutes. Once the time is up, quick release the pressure (using the instructions on page 7).
- Pour out as much water/broth as you can. Reserve the broth for future soup making, if desired.
- Whisk the apple butter, balsamic, molasses, garlic, ginger, and salt together. Pour over cooked chicken with remaining juice.
- Press the SAUTÉ button on the Instant Pot®. Let the chicken and sauce simmer to evaporate some of the juices. Once some of the liquid has evaporated,
- CANCEL the sauté function. Shred the chicken, if desired, before serving.