My kids are always hungry and looking for something to snack on. They also happen to be peanut butter fiends. So, I threw these together the other day in the hopes they would get eaten. Now, I’m having to make another (double) batch.
These should be stored in the fridge. You can also roll them in cacao powder if you like. If you’re staying away from peanuts, I’m sure almond butter or sun butter could be substituted. If you do that, I’d love to know how they turn out! Please post your variations in the comments section below.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville)
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates (soak them first in warm water if dry)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup freshly ground peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- Coarsely chop dates in food processor.
- Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips and process until well ground and mixed.
- Dump mixture into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips by han.
- Using a melon scoop, or spring-loaded mini scoop, scoop into balls and roll.
- Keep refrigerated.