Last Updated on September 3, 2016
This recipe is going to sound, well, weird. But let me tell you…it’s goooooood. My son kept saying, “Mom, pears and bacon? Are you sure you know what you’re doing?”
I have one. Simple. Answer.
“Get away kid – ya bothuh me.”
He ate his words, don’t worry – along with lots and lots of baked pears with bacon.
Shared on Allergy Free Wednesdays…
Baked Pears with Cinnamon and Bacon (refined sugar free, AIP)
- 4 pieces of nitrate free, uncured bacon
- 8 ripe pears, peeled (if desired) cored and chopped or sliced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop bacon and set aside.
- Place pears in either a casserole dish or individual ramekins.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with chopped bacon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Eat the pears with the bacon. Then throw aside all decorum and drink the juice/pan drippings. 🙂
FOLLOW 30 PLUS DAYS OF MY AIP JOURNEY.