I promised another recipe – and here ya go. I call it “Sweet Rutabaga Mash” and it’s so easy to throw together. I got some rutabagas from my local produce co-op and decided to mash ’em up with some sweet potatoes, coconut milk, salt and cinnamon. Easy peasy and yummy.
Hope you enjoy! My meal plan for the day will be at the bottom of this post. I know you just can’t wait to read it…tantalizing as it is…
- 2 rutabagas, peeled and cubed
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (or 2 large)
- ½ (13 oz.) can Natural Value coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- Steam rutabaga and sweet potatoes until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Save leftover cooking liquid from steaming.
- Place steamed rutabagas and sweet potatoes into food processor.
- Add coconut milk, salt and cinnamon and process until smooth.
- Add enough cooking liquid to get to desired consistency.
- NOTE: I think this would be yummy with some crisp bacon sprinkled on top...just sayin'...
bowl of mixed berries with coconut milk drizzled on top; Super-Doc recommended protein shake
green salad with tuna, e.v.o.o. and fresh lemon juice
protein shake; 2 pieces of Whole Foods Naked Roast Beef
leftover ground beef from yesterday; steamed green beans; sweet rutabaga mash
more berries…(sometimes, a girl’s gotta live)
FOLLOW 30 PLUS DAYS OF MY AIP JOURNEY.