Last Updated on March 30, 2023
I Say Tomato.… I absolutely LOVE these roasted tomatoes and though I primarily use them IN recipes, I have been known to eat at least one on a piece of grain free toast every time I make them. (It’s YUMMY.)I basically use these beauties in recipes that call for canned diced tomatoes, or any time I want to have a nice concentrated tomato flavor.
You can chop them up and throw them in soup or toss them in with sauteed veggies like kale or Swiss chard. (recipe to come) I make them in large batches and keep them in the fridge or freeze them. I’d like to experiment and try them in a BBQ sauce recipe – I wonder if I have time for that today…Print
Roasted Tomatoes (Paleo, SCD, GAPS)
- several ripe tomatoes (Roma, Beefsteak and Ugly varieties work well but I usually use Roma)
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash tomatoes and cut them in half horizontally.
- Place tomatoes, cut sides up, on the parchment.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven about 2-3 hours. You are looking for the juices to concentrate and the tomatoes to have a caramelized or roasted look about them.
- Allow tomatoes to cool and then store whole or diced in a container in the fridge. They freeze well too.