Last Updated on March 30, 2023
After a crazy busy day of chasing my tail, (long story, but thank you Bobby at the Honda place for laughing with me – or was it AT me?)
On that note, did you know that the newer Honda Odysseys have this “safety feature” built in that only unlocks the driver door when you put it in park? Safety? – or just a plot to drive busy moms nuts? I learned about this after dropping my van off to have the passenger side lock “fixed” of this nuisance. A little embarrassing to have Bobby walk in and announce to a moderately full waiting room “Mrs. E – there’s nothing wrong with your door locks. They’re SUPPOSED to do that!”)
Anyhoo, I had to cook dinner on the fly last night. I wanted something different, easy and loaded with flavor (‘cuz I was hungry and tired). This recipe fell together and we all loved it – Let me know if you try it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Here’s a picture with the Honey Mustard Sauce schmeared on-
UPDATE: Since going on the AIP diet, I have made these without the mustard or black pepper and they are still a family favorite. I’ve tried grilled peaches, nectarines, and even pears and the grilled fruit acts as such a nice compliment to the meat, that no honey mustard sauce is needed. To make these AIP compliant, follow the instructions omitting these ingredients.Print
Chicken Burgers with Grilled Peaches and Honey Mustard Sauce (Paleo, GAPS, SCD, grain-free)
- 2 lbs. ground chicken (I use Shelton’s)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free mustard (omit for strict AIP)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (omit for strict AIP)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 4–6 ripe peaches (nectarines also work well)
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together (except peaches) with a large fork. (Do not use hands or it will make the meat tough.)
- Brush peach halves and burgers with olive oil and place on the grill.
- Grill burgers according to your grill’s instructions until juices run clear.
- Grill peaches until softened but not mushy.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce, if desired.