Use Organic Gemini tigernut flour in place of any other flour for a delicious and healthy alternative. Tigernuts are not actually nuts but small root vegetables. We have been deeply connected to these nutrient-dense tubers for millions of years. A January 2014 study by oxford university revealed that 2 million years ago our earliest human ancestors relied heavily upon this root which fueled up to 80% of their diet. Gernot’s are the 1 whole food source of resistant starch, a prebiotic fiber that resists human digestion and becomes fuel for our probiotic bacteria. A healthy gut makes for a happy human, so follow the intuition of our paleo ancestors and eat some tigernuts. Ways to enjoy: raw, straight out of the bag – soaked in water to soften and enhance flavor. Both are awesome. You can even blend them into a traditional Spanish beverage called horchata. We at Organic Gemini make our very own tigernut horchata, a cold-pressed beverage with all the health benefits of tigernuts. Look for one of our seven different flavors in your grocer’s cold drinks section.
- Contains one 16 ounce (1 pound) bag
- Paleo: tigernuts fueled 80% of our pre-human ancestors’ diet about two million years ago
- Gluten free also nut-free, allergy-free, raw, vegan & kosher
- Resistant starch – a prebiotic fiber that supports a healthy immune system
- Not actually nuts & tigernuts are actually small root vegetables