Do “stuffed” recipes intimidate you? Well, they shouldn’t. This recipe might seem “fancy schmancy” but is actually a very easy one to throw together. I RECENTLY promised that I would soon post some recipes using the Bacon Orange Cherry Jam, which is a recipe contained in The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook.
TO CELEBRATE THE LAUNCH OF THE PALEO AIP INSTANT POT COOKBOOK, WE ARE GIVING AWAY AN INSTANT POT!! SCROLL DOWN TO ENTER!
The Bacon Orange Cherry Jam is pretty versatile. Make up a batch and use it to stuff under a turkey breast skin, inside center cut pork chops, use as a sauce for plantain pizza, or serve as a condiment alongside any protein. I wonder how it would taste stuffed inside pitted Medjool dates and baked….I’ll get back to you on that one.
- 8 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- approximately 1½ cups bacon orange cherry jam
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and thyme. Set aside.
- Carefully run fingers under the skin of the chicken thighs to loosen the skin.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of jam under the skin and maneuver the skin to distribute the jam evenly.
- Place stuffed thighs in a shallow baking dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush the chicken skin with olive oil and sprinkle spice mixture on top. You may not use all of the spice mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on size of thighs) until juices run clear.
- If top is not quite browned, turn on broiler to brown up the skin. (Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.)
- Internal temperature for chicken thighs should read somewhere between 165F-175F.