This recipe is going to sound, well, weird. But let me tell you…it’s goooooood. My son kept saying, “Mom, pears and bacon? Are you sure you know what you’re doing?”
I have one. Simple. Answer.
“Get away kid – ya bothuh me.”
He ate his words, don’t worry – along with lots and lots of baked pears with bacon.
Shared on Allergy Free Wednesdays…
- 4 pieces of nitrate free, uncured bacon
- 8 ripe pears, peeled (if desired) cored and chopped or sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop bacon and set aside.
- Place pears in either a casserole dish or individual ramekins.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with chopped bacon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Eat the pears with the bacon. Then throw aside all decorum and drink the juice/pan drippings. 🙂
FOLLOW 30 PLUS DAYS OF MY AIP JOURNEY.