I’ve got a new recipe for you today – and another one coming tomorrow. I’ve been wanting something different to eat (again). My family loves a taco salad kind of dinner, but nightshades – even nightshade spices – are a no-no for the AIP diet (I think I can…I think I can…)
So, I came up with this crazy spice blend to flavor some grass fed ground beef. I thought it would be a flop, but it was really tasty. I hope you enjoy!
I’ll lay out my meal plan at the end of this post (after the recipe).
- 3 lbs. grass fed ground beef
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground oregano
- 1½ teaspoons ground rosemary
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat saute pan to medium. Add a few glugs of e.v.o.o. and the diced onion. Saute until soft.
- In a small bowl, mix spices together. Set aside.
- Add ground beef to saute pan and break apart, stirring until done.
- Add spice blend and stir to mix well.
- If beef is fatty, remove pan from heat and prop one side of the pan on a trivet or oven mitt. Scoop meat to the “high side” and fat will sink to the lowered side.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocado.
leftover pan-fried chicken with pesto; store-bought cultured veggies
shake; mussels salad from Whole Foods
ground beef; steamed green beans with e.v.o.o, sweet rutabega mash (recipe coming tomorrow)
roast beef with avocado