Made an easy dinner tonight – I’ll post the recipe at the end.
Still truckin’ along. Had to break it to my sweet baristas at the Whole Foods Coffee Bar that my love-affair for mochas has come to an end. They were appalled…APPALLED (right along with me). My actual drink of choice was a 2-shot-decaf-to-1-shot-caf-mocha-with-almond-milk-and-half-the-chocolate… My baristas had it down, too. I’d walk up to the bar and it would be “the usual”.
They tried their best to console me with Allegro herbal tea – to no avail. We were all in tears, sobbing, crying, sniffing coffee. OK – not really, but that would be funny, wouldn’t it?
leftover cod and baby bok choy; 2 pieces of Whole Foods Naked Roast Beef
cubed steak; shredded beets and carrots with e.v.o.o. and salt
more cod; peeled apple with Artisana raw coconut butter and cinnamon
roasted turkey breast with carrots and onion, mashed cauliflower with roasted garlic
- 2 TBSP ground rosemary
- 2 TBSP dried minced onion or onion powder (I like the texture of minced onion)
- 2 TBSP dried savory
- 2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP dried thyme
- 1 1/2 TBSP sea salt
- Be sure all spices are gluten free.
- Mix together and keep in a small glass jar at room temperature.
- NOTE: If I had dried sage on hand, I would have added that too – so feel free!
- 1/2 turkey breast, bone in and skin on
- AIP-Legal poultry spice blend
- 8 carrots, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the carrots and onion in a 9×13 baking pan or large oval baker. Drizzle a little e.v.o.o on the carrots and onion.
- Place the turkey atop the carrots and onion. Drizzle with more e.v.o.o.
- Generously sprinkle turkey with poultry spice blend.
- Insert probe thermometer into thickest part of turkey breast.
- Roast until temperature comes up to 162F. It should continue to raise to 165F.
- Remove turkey and place on cutting board. Allow to rest.
- Turn oven up to 450F and place carrots and onion back in until easily pierced with fork.
- Slice turkey and serve with carrots and onion.
FOLLOW 30 PLUS DAYS OF MY AIP JOURNEY.