I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy dinner recipe. I came up with it a couple of months ago to add to our mealtime rotation. My son gets so excited when this recipe is the answer to “What’s for dinner?”.
I use cashew milk in place of dairy in the pan sauce and I defy anyone to tell the difference. Ok, don’t be defiant. Just trust me. It’s gooooood.
- 4 cubed steaks
- 1 piece bacon, chopped
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups [url href=”http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com/2011/08/cashew-milk.html” target=”_blank”]cashew milk[/url]
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper both sides of cubed steaks. Heat a large saute pan (I use cast iron) to medium high. Add a few tablespoons of ghee or extra virgin olive oil to the pan. Add cubed steaks and cook for a few minutes on both sides or until done to your liking. Remove and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add bacon and onions and stir frequently. Cook until onion softens.
- Add mushrooms and wine and cook, stirring frequently until liquid is released from mushrooms and reduced a bit.
- Next, add sage and garlic and give a stir.
- Finally, add cashew milk and cook, stirring, until thickened to your liking. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over cubed steaks and serve.