This may not look like much in the picture, but it’s bursting with yumminess! In fact, we have an 8-year-old guest staying with us who flipped over this dish and announced, “That’s the first time I’ve ever had seconds!” I think I’ve finally made it, people. If only my kids were as impressed with my cooking…
I served this as a side dish, but it would also be great tossed with grilled chicken and eaten as a main meal.
If you don’t have a spiralizer, my favorite brand is the OXO Spiralizer (and believe me, I’ve tried several).
- 5 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://mybigfatgrainfreelife.com/2011/08/roasted-tomatoes.html” target=”_blank”]roasted tomatoes[/url], chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup good quality basil pesto
- basil, chopped, to taste
- grated Pecorino Romano, to taste (optional)
- Using your favorite spiralizer, make zucchini noodles.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, have a large bowl of iced water ready in the sink.
- When water on stove is boiling, drop in zoodles and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and submerge into iced water to stop the cooking.
- Drain zoodles and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium high. Add olive oil and minced garlic. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes, zoodles and pesto. Toss to combine. Add pepper and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil and Pecorino, if desired.