I’m musing today about garlic…I know, it’s weird, but for me, not so much. I adore garlic. I’ve always adored garlic – even before I knew it that it’s actually one of the best medicinal foods around!
Now, pair together lots of garlic with nutrient loaded kale? You have a marriage made in Heaven. As much as I love kale, both the curly and black varieties, if I’m having an intestinal flare-up, I would substitute a softer green such as Swiss Chard and/or baby Bok Choy.
This recipe was inspired by Williams-Sonoma’s Spaghetti with Garlicky Greens which had my mouth watering.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2-3 large zucchini, made into noodles
- ½ cup white wine (I use Chardonnay)
- salt & pepper
- grated Pecorino Romano (omit for AIP)
- Wash and chop kale. Set aside.
- Using your favorite spiralizer, make noodles out of zucchini.
- Heat large skilled on medium. When hot, add olive oil.
- Add kale and about ½ cup water. Cover and cook until kale is tender, adding water if it gets ry.
- Remove lid; add garlic and saute. Add wine and stir.
- Add zucchini noodles and continue to saute, turning with tongs until just tender but not soggy.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with Pecorino Romano, if desired.