I wanted to re-post this banana cake to inform everyone that miracles do happen. My daughter has decided that she likes banana bread/cake now. HOORAY! I’ve been making this into loaves (instead of cakes) because they stack better in my freezer, but the original recipe (below) is formulated for a cake pan. Here’s a tip: a DOUBLE recipe will make three 8″x4″ loaves of banana bread. I hope that helps. Just an aside – I love this banana bread toasted and slathered with butta…mmmmmm
Wrong! After tasting it she said – with a look of disdain on her face- “It’s tastes like banana bread.”
Two words come to mind…TOO and BAD! The rest of us loved it – including outside taste testers. I hope you enjoy this Banana Cake as much as we… well…MOST of us did.
This cake tastes even better the next day. Store it in the fridge and enjoy!
I prefer Honeyville blanched almond flour as it has a nice fine texture. Also, my favorite baking pans are USA Pans because they are nice and heavy, bake evenly, have a silicone coating for easy release that is PTFE, PFOA, and BPA-free.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked navy beans, drained and cooled (see note)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (I use [url href=”http://amzn.to/2bJgVpa” target=”_blank”]Honeyville[/url])
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9″ round baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a food processor high speed blender, combine beans, eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, honey and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the blender or food processor and mix until well combined.
- Scrape down sides, add bananas, and pulse until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cake tends to be very moist – do not under bake. I lean toward 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes. Then turn the cake out and allow to cool on baking rack.