Salsa is delicious and sooooo easy to make! I thought my days of salsa were over, since tortilla chips are no longer a part of our diet. (It’s ok, I’ve pulled through.)
Who needs tortilla chips to eat salsa? (Don’t answer that.) It’s actually great by itself, in place of or on top of salad and served atop carnitas. Our friends from Puerto Rico serve their salsa with cooked shrimp tossed right in – which reminds me…I need to make that!
- 6-8 ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 capful of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice plum tomatoes in half lengthwise. Cut out seeds. Dice tomatoes and toss into a medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and ix well.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.