I hope this picture speaks for itself. It’s grain free BREAD! I SAID… “IT’S GRAIN FREE BREAD!!” (hooray!)
Did you even know such a thing existed? I didn’t – until a few months ago. After much trial and error and my little taste testers’ honesty, this is the recipe that passed with flying colors.
The recipe comes together easily and I usually take a day every month-and-a-half or so to make 8 loaves. The recipe doubles so I make 4 double batches. To freeze, store it as directed below and place bags in freezer. It’s THAT easy!
I hope you enjoy!
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, beat the eggs until frothy. (A handheld mixer will also work.)
- Add almond butter, butternut squash, apple cider vinegar, honey and olive oil. Beat well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Tap pan on counter to burst any bubbles. (Reflection: We all need our bubbles burst sometimes, huh?)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Run a knife around short edges of pan and lift bread out by gripping parchment.
- Once loaf has completely cooled, slice and store in the fridge wrapped in a paper towel and placed in a zip-top bag or storage container.
- This toasts up beautifully.