Since wild sockeye salmon is in season, I thought I’d post this Glazed Baked Salmon recipe. Salmon is our son’s favorite fish and he loves it prepared in this way.
This recipe is a combination of my mom’s “scampi” recipe (though not a traditional scampi) and my BFF’s (Julia McRae of Healthy Home Nutrition) salmon recipe.
Julia is a pro when it comes to merging healthy living with delicious cooking. Here’s what she has to say about salmon:
“Salmon is what we call a super food. It has a very high nutrient profile. Besides being a great source of protein, salmon is very high in omega-3s that help our bodies fight inflammation. It also contains good amounts of vitamins D3, B12 and selenium. Wild caught salmon is one of the few fish we can be worry-free about when it comes to mercury. And, best of all, it is very versatile. It can be grilled, broiled, pan fried or baked and it turns out fantastic! My favorite way is grilled with a mango cilantro salsa. Enjoy!”
- 1 side of salmon fillet (whole fillet with bones removed and skin on)
- 4 tablespoons ghee, or fat of choice
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat ghee, or fat of choice, in a small pot. (I use stainless steel mixing cup on my stovetop.)
- Add Worcestershire, oregano and garlic powder.
- Pour marinade into 8x11 pan. Add fish, flesh-side down and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn fish skin-side down and bake in oven for 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Do not overcook!
- Serve with sauce spooned on top.